Thursday, February 7, 2013

Helvetica.. One Hell of A Movie.

  Before I begin discussing Helvetica, I wanted to point out the fact that although this is an old,well known, and well used typeface, Helvetica has the red line under it, so it needs a spell check. I wonder why that is.
  Before watching this movie, I never paid attention to the different fonts that are being used in businesses, retail, food, keyboards, and anything written in daily life. But now I notice all of them, and now I'm starting to see Helvetica everywhere. 
  I dont really like the font, I feel like the words are too close together, and the fact that its used so much doesn't help me like it either. I like variety, and trying something different. I understand people think, but its a classic! But I mean its 2013, stop following this classical thing and do more of a modern thing! Just because its classic doesn't mean its the best.
  After watching this, I watched the short mini film about the typeface Comic Sans--which I thought was a very well put together film & suggest it to others and realized I love Comic Sans way more than Helvetica.
  As a person who loves movies,  and media production, I was excited to see this movie because although I know that there is a lot of movies about almost everything, I didnt know there was one about a typeface. It was pretty cool to hear about how popular and well respected this typeface is, and even more cool to see that there was over n hour worth of material about it.
  But you know what would be more cool? Seeing a movie about MY favorite typeface. Verdana.
  Maybe Ill make a mini movie about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment