Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Air Women

 
      This project had to do with the the first all female crew to fly into space, and the first woman, Amelia Earhart to fly across the atlantic ocean by herself. This exercise was a bit easier than the last one. What I did was crop Amelia Earhart's head onto one of the women in the photo. In order to do so, I had to take a rectangular piece from the american flag, and put it over the face of the women, where Earhart face now is. After doing do, I had to smooth the flag out, to make it look like the rest of the flag. With the tool I used, the soft brush, I was able to snag one piece of the flag, and put it to another piece, it was sort of like copy and paste. The in order to get her head on top of the women, I had to crop her head from the photo given to us, and paste it there. I had to use a layer mask, and then I used the burn tool to get ride of the rest of the parts of the image with Amelia's face. It was so cool using the burn tool because right before my eyes, parts of the image would disappear, and then if I need to add more back, I had to make the burn tool black. Yet again right before my eyes the parts of the image would reappear. I also had to make the whole image black and white, because Amelia's image was black and white. I did this by using the black and white adjustment layer, on top of the clone layer to get the grayscale look. My favorite part of see was seeing that you can really change a photo, and create your own by doing the things that I did. I find it so cool that it looks like Amelia is now apart of the all female crew who flew into space!

No comments:

Post a Comment