Monday, April 15, 2013

Dots and Symmetry

This was another exercise given to practice on our symmetry. Although it doesn't look like the biggest challenge, the challenge of doing this was getting the tow boxes that are located at the bottom, to be aligned correctly. As I look at this image now, I notice that the box on the right has the dots more evenly spaced out than the dots on the left. On the left it actually kind of looks like there is some sort of clutter in the top left corner. Or maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me. 
Doing the first square on the top left was easy because all I had to do was make sure it was centered. Doing the square on the top right was a task because although I just copied the size of one circle to make the next, aligning them to be at the same point was away from the corners was kind of annoying. But looking at it now I see there is an even spacing going diagonally through the middle. The next square with the big and little circle was annoying as well because one circle was huge compared to the other. I was a bit confused on how to make them look like they fit in the exactly same spot just in different corners. The next square was easy, or at least I assumed it to be, because now as I look at it, it looks a tad bit off, but I cant tell whats throwing it off. 
Overall I think this exercise was suppose to help us grasp the idea that symmetry in design is very important, and can hinder the eyes if something is asymmetrical. I learned that I really need to pay attention to small details, like spacing, and that this will help better me as a designer. 
Do you guys see what I see ?

No comments:

Post a Comment