Thursday, April 25, 2013

Save it, Don't Waste it.

This is my lovely poster for our third project. I chose to do this topic, of the conservation of water, because recently in my Intercultural communications class we were told do write a paper on a news article that affects many people around the world. I chose to write mine on the Water Crisis, focusing on The Wine to Water campaign. This campaign is about many different Bartenders in the world who give up their tips for one week to donate it wine to water who provides clean water, and water wells, to nine different countries who lack access to clean water. After writing my paper I realized that most of the time I'm wasting gallons and gallons of water a day, and that I want to try to conserve it as much as possible because we don't know if one day we will run out of it. So my message was to get people to try and save water, by pointing out that it is essential to life, because it is something every life on this earth needs, and pointing out how fortunate we are, that they are people in different countries who don't even have access to water like we do. There are many different countries in Africa where people walk over 10 miles, taking up most of their day in the heat, trying to access water. When they do get access to the water, the water they do get isn't purified, and gets their families sick and the sickness sometimes leads to death. So my main point was to not take advantage of water, and to save it and not waste it. I have already started my own way of conserving water, but not letting it run while I brush my teeth, and telling people not to let it run at work. Little things. I don't think its much of a challenge to conserve it, and I do think it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment