Monday, April 15, 2013

Magazine Outline Project


    This is my Magazine outline project, and on of my favorite pieces of work. Where should I even start? Left to right as we read I guess! With my title, I started off using a different typeface, one that was more on the script side, apple Chauncey to be exact. I was told to change this because "everyone" likes to use that script, and so I found that typeface and feel in love with it. I made the word color, 5 different colors in the rainbow, because I already knew that in the article they were going to talk about many different colors, and I wanted to make sure I incorporated enough of them.
    The picture under the title, was actually a last minute touch, and another change that was suggested to by the professor. The original picture that I had being displayed was of a yellow, blue, and orange flower, that had a trail of paint with the same colors, under them. That photo was a bit too big, and to downsize it, would take away the look of the photo.
    Although I have my columns 3 a page, I never exactly chose to do it that way, it just came out that way as I continued on with the project. I chose a couple of different colors for the sub-headings. I did this to incorporate more color. The first one is purple because the picture nearby was purple as well and I thought that would be a nice attribute. For the second sub-header called "The mix of colors" I mixed up the colors so that is would match what the current words are saying. For whats your color preference, I chose pink because that is my favorite color. For the sub-header making the right choices, I chose orange because orange was the color that match the last picture that I wanted to add.
    As for the other pictures I included in the piece, I chose them with many thoughts. I chose the purple prism because it showed all the colors in the rainbow, and the text also spoke about Sir Isaac Newton who discovered that when white light passes through a prism you see all the colors in the rainbow. As I read on in the text, there was a whole section where they talked about nothing but colors. I wanted to include at least a picture of two of these colors. I chose to go with the twizzler picture for the color red, because the text says red was the most emotionally intense, and I wanted to see if I could make people want one by looking at that picture. I know I sure did. I chose the forest, and waterfall picture for the color green because I love nature, and I consider nature to be a calming atmosphere, and the green in that picture was very calming, as the text says " It is a calm refreshing color." The one thing I really loved about that picture was that even the water reflected the color green, from the reflection of the trees through the forest. The last picture I chose, I chose because I loved the way that at the bottom of the photo is scaled the many different colors inside of the photo. That photo was also in a way very calming, because it was just seaweed washing ashore.
    Last but not least, I chose the background color to be that light faint yellowish color because I felt it was a color that was very light on the eyes and that it would display the others colors, just as well as white could.
    I absolutely loved doing this project, and I am so proud of how it came out. What do you think?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment