Thursday, April 11, 2013

Exercise Numero Three: Eye Games.



This is my exercise number three that I did in class today. I had a couple of difficulties with doing this exercise, that were minor, but still played a big part. 
In the first part of this exercise, the one in the top right corner, we had to make five boxes, pick our own colors, duplicate them, gray scale them and put both the original colors and gray scale colors in order. I think doing this was so cool, because I would of assumed that the colors belonged in a different order, than what the gray scale did. But after putting them in order I realized that although that orange is a brighter color than the blue, its still darker in hue, which is why the gray scale came out darker.
In the second part of this exercise, which is at the top right corner, I loved how the blue and the yellow and the lighting green squares looked. My problem with this one was separating them. Although I went to window pathfinder and divide, I also had to do command shift g, which would ungroup the shapes. I was stuck for a while like why isn't this separating the middle box??!! Well if anybody reading wants to know that answer just remember command shift g to ungroup after dividing.
Now in the third part of this exercise, I found this one relatively easier, but tricky on the eye. We had to make 3 inch squares, with another square in the center that was .75 inch squares. One box is black while the other was white, and in the center maintained the grey background. So it kind of looked like as if a square hole was inside of the white and black box. Now although the bigger boxes are equal in size, and the smaller boxes are equal in size as well,  the trick being played on the eye is that the grey box in the black box, looks bigger compared to the grey box in the white box.
In the fourth part of this exercise we had to do the same thing that we did in the third part, but for one box we had to make the colors  be complementary, and the other box to be analogous. The complementary color emphasizes the perception of the hues, while the analogous color subtracts from the perception of the hues. Looking at the green inside of the purple and the blue, the green in the purple seems darker than the green in the blue. But they are indeed the same size. How cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment